Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New bikes and Snow...


Me and the new ride in the snow.

Our new bikes came in last week and I got one ride on Ruby (who is AMAZING) and then it was off the CO for meetings at the Olympic Training Center. Mark runs a USA Cycling junior/U23 development road camp here in TN and this year they called and asked me to run a mountain bike camp. I am so excited. The best part: it's in VT!!! Anyway, we had a camp manager's meeting at USA Cycling all weekend. Think good friends, great food and sitting inside all day looking at the beautiful mountains while it is 60 degrees outside. Oh well, still a great trip. They didn't fly me out there for a vacation. It would have been perfect if Delta/Northwest hadn't lost my luggage BOTH directions. My poor suitcase went on a very different journey than I did.

Anyway, we got home Sunday night and I had to work all day Monday so today was THE DAY for the ride on my new Era. I LOVE IT. It was a little different, the suspension is not the same design as last year. I love the improvements but it took a little bit to get used to. It is so nimble and fast; I've got no excuses this season....

We went to Chilhowie and pedaled our way into the snow. It was so fun. Even in the slippery conditions the bike was a rock star and took everything I threw at her. Even the "skiing" technique that I perfected in the snow covered corners. Nothing like laying "first tracks" in the snow on your BIKE. every day should be "new bike day".

Helen also got to ride both her new bikes this weekend. She's hooked. Apparently she spent the weekend riding and sleeping. Sunday she even did a double with a morning road ride and an afternoon mountain bike ride. Our developmental rider has jumped in head first. I'm sure the awesome new bikes don't hurt.

Team camp in NC is this weekend and I will have more new bike reports after that. Along with a bunch of pictures and great stories.

Thanks for reading....

No comments: