Monday, February 23, 2009

The perfect end to a perfect Cross season...

Cyclocross season is over. Finally. I am a bit sad about that but also excited that we start racing our mountain bikes (did I mention that my new bike rocks??) in two weeks.

This past weekend was the last two races of the TN cross season in Knoxville. It was really more "urban assault with a number" than cross but it was still fun. The course was about 80% pavement and the only dismount section took us up 4 flights of stairs. I really liked the stairs (sick, I know...); for some reason I was really good at them. I passed Mark while running up them on day 1. I won both days. Helen is still recovering from a shoulder injury a week ago so she was my cheering section, along with Amanda. Thanks ladies for coming out. It is always great to have teammates out there to help with the motivation. It was a great way to end the season. I am again the TN state series champion. I think next season I am going to focus more on the bigger UCI events so this might be the last season to win that title.

This winter while racing cross I have accomplished a number of things that I never have before. First, I podiumed at Nationals. I also got UCI points and consequently an international ranking. I also went an entire season undefeated in the Southeast. The only cross races I didn't win were UCI races and Nationals. Wow. That feels really good. I think after all these years I found my sport!!! Not that I don't love the mountain bike or the road bike, I do; I just seem to be best at racing the cyclocross bike.

Speaking of my other bikes, it's time to get out on the dirt some more. I can't wait!! I love my new bike and I can't wait to spend the summer racing her.

Thanks for reading...

No comments: