Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Columbia CX

So I have become obsessed with cyclocross. I admit it. I am having a BLAST racing cross instead of doing miserable structured "interval training" this winter. Yes, it is the off season, but even so, there is a time to sprinkle in a little bit of intensity and I'd much rather do it this way.

It all started with the new bike. I can't help it, I am like a little kid. I LOVE NEW TOYS!!!! Especially when I can sell the old one and get a new one without it costing me any money (okay $53...). And the S-Works Tricross is the most kick butt bike ever. Once I fell in love with my new toy (back in November) I decided to explore some of the TN series races. Well..... after a marginal start to this latest adventure, I am getting the hang of it. I have practiced the running/on/off thing and although it is my off season and I am not fast, I am getting proficient at it.

So with all of that being said, after this past weekend, I am now winning the TN series for the category 1/2/3 women. More importantly, I am hooked. It is so fun to get out and race and laugh at myself. I enjoy not taking it too seriously.

We went to Columbia TN this past weekend and I won both days. More importantly, they raced us with the men (category 3 and masters) and I finished mid field both days. That makes me feel good when I can race WITH the men instead of behind them.
Thanks to Emma Williams for the great pictures. She was out there having way more fun than any one person should have on a bike. Once she was done racing, she captured my "focused so I don't kill myself" look on the cross bike. Next weekend is the State Championship race where I hope to continue my trend of improvement on the bike. I am also hoping for some good MUD just to make things interesting.
Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.