Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chattanooga Cross


This weekend was FULL of cross racing. To top it off, it was local and there was MUD. I love the mud; it makes us mountain bikers feel a little bit more at home on those skinny little tires. Lisa and I were the only two Vantaggio ladies racing it, Lisa in the cat 4 women and myself in the 1/2/3 women's' race. Paula, Gina and Shannon came out in team colors and were BY FAR the loudest cheering section out there. Thanks a ton guys, it really was cool to have you out there.


Lisa started out or day with a hard fought battle for the women's CX4 category. She took second to the current series jersey holder, Kim Bishop. Lisa dug hard a put up a great fight. We were so proud of her!!!


My race was a little bit anticlimactic, I was the ONLY one on my category. Bummer. My teammates cheered me on like there were a hundred women out there chasing me. My legs were really flat after a hard week of training and it was mentally really tough to push hard. I tried to make myself chase the boys but Sunday was anther race and there will be some girls to race with. I kind of saved my legs for "things to come".

No comments: