Sunday, April 6, 2008

Short Track

Okay, so I don't have a lot to say about my racing today because I stayed strong and did the smart thing; I didn't race. It was really hard and I ended up deciding to not go and watch Mark, Mike and Foye race because it was just too hard to go out there and see my field warming up. Instead I napped at the house and went for a short spin on the canal path. BORING. My legs felt great... my lungs, not so much. It was probably smart not to race today but sometimes smart isn't fun.

So, the highlights of my non-race, race day: Rachel made her return debut to racing this morning and we all cheered her on. She took 7th!! It was SO FUN seeing her out there again. Mike had an awesome Short Track, finishing 23rd out of about 60 guys in the Semi-Pro field. His desert experience is now complete, he brushed a cactus and felt the repercussions. Mark flatted today on his first lap and still beat two guys. He also had a "desert experience" but he walked into the cactus. It seems that maybe he's been hanging around me too long...

After spending the afternoon hacking snot and watching girlie movies on TV I am hopefully ready to RACE tomorrow. Wish me luck...

I talked to some friends back home today. It has poured non-stop for two days. Tsali is going to suck. Emily is the only one going. Good luck girl; remember, people pay big money for mud treatments!!!

No comments: