Sunday, March 30, 2008

Short Track


Kym passing someone during the short track.
I saw Joshua Trees today!!! As we drove out of LA and into the Mojave Desert we saw them. It made my day. FINALLY. Okay, sorry, I regress. Now for the race report...



Two laps to go!!!
I was BEAT today when I woke up. I have been fighting something since before we left to come out here and I am feeling alright, I just don't seem to be recovering as well as I should. When I woke up exhausted I was really bummed. Short track is so fast you cannot afford to not be on top of your game. Oh well, we'll just see how it goes....


No time to enjoy the pretty flowers!!
I seem to have one speed while racing, regardless of the race. I had the same problem with 'cross. I tend to struggle early and then pick people off as the race goes along. Today was more of the same. They said "go" and I struggled to stay with the group; after about 10 minutes I suddenly started catching and passing people. I felt pretty good!!! I lasted until the final lap before being pulled. I think that is a personal record. I climbed the steep section on the course really well, now if I can just figure out how to start faster!!! It was a fun day. I am still not quite 100% but it is good to feel like I can still race even when I'm not quite on. I finished 30th I think and was definitely competitive.


Navigating a loose dusty descent during the short track.

We are now on our way to Vegas. We are staying in Barstow, CA tonight. We'll spend a couple of days in Vegas riding some of our favorite trails and visiting old friends. After that it is time to head back to AZ for another weekend of racing.
Thanks again to Mike for the great photos.

No comments: