Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Road Again....

...And it is that time of year again. Travel is back upon us. Two weeks ago we were in Florida as a "warm-up" and now the marathon that is race season is HERE. I am currently sitting in the Nashvile International Airport waiting on a delayed flight. That didn't take long. I usually have at least a couple of trips before I have huge delays, but apparently not this year. This is race number two of the season. I am two hours into a two week trip and I am delayed. I hope this is not a sign of things to come...

I complain but I love the travel. Not the traveling, but the travel. With all the airline restirictions and cut backs, traveling had become more of a nightmare every year. Mark and I are doing this trip on frequent flyer tickets, so suprise, we are not on the same flight. We are actually not even on the same day. Oh well, free is free. I also snuck my bike on without getting charged (think $80 each way if they hear the word "bike") so I guess the delayed flight is not too bad. I'll wait as long as money isn't involved.

I am on my way to Arizona, California, Las Vegas, and back to Arizona. The races are in CA and AZ and we are staying with two of my favorite people on the planet Rachel and Foye. They have the unfortunate pleasure of living in AZ now so we are invading their house. From their house we are driving to CA for the first National Mountain Bike Series race in Fontana, from there to Vegas to visit some old friends for a couple of days, and then back to Phoenix to race the second NMBS race. It should be a ton of fun and great racing.

Mike, one of my athletes, is also joining up for the journey. He is a brave soul to spend two weeks non stop with Mark and I.

I should have regular email and internet access so stay tuned for travel updates and race reports. Most of the rest of the team has a couple of big weekends of racing in the Southeast so we should all have good stories to tell.

No comments: