Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...and Cross Season is Over.

This past weekend was the last cross race of my "off season racing". We have a team weekend coming up for the last race of the Knoxville series and that is the last one of the year. I am a bit sad that it is over already...I've had a lot of fun. If you look at the photos, I've even almost gotten competant at it!! In the process I've won the TN State Championships and the TBRA series jersey. Not bad for a self proclaimed "clutz" that is NOT a cross racer. Okay, maybe I'm a little bit of a cross racer after this winter. I swear it is all the bike. It is my favorite bike I own right now. Thanks Specialized!!

Saturday's race was great. The weather was nice and sunny and I LOVE the course we were racing... what a great way to end the season. We lined up 8 women and I never looked back. It was a slight uphill start into a headwind, I should have probably drafted a bit, but I wanted the hole shot and was willing to do a bit extra work to get it. Sometimes you have those days where you just feel "on" and today was one of them. I felt like I was floating around the course. My Power Tap was telling me I was working hard but it didn't feel like it. I have been doing all of my cross races with a Power Tap, the cross thing has been first and foremost about training for me, (can't you tell??) so I want the numbers. Call me a coaching geek but I am what I am. I have had more than one race that I did not like what it said but today was different, today it said "go Kym, you are killing it...". Yes, I talk to all my equipment, not just the bike.

I won. It was a good day. I turned really fast laps too. We started behind the men today and I caught most of them. I turned as fast of laps as they did. FUN. I wish every day on the bike could be like this!!!



Mountain bike season starts in four weeks and we have a road race in three weeks. Whew. I hope I am ready.

Thanks for reading...

No comments: