Monday, February 15, 2010

My new ride!!

Most of the new team bikes are here and they ROCK. Thanks Trek for the hook up on the killer bikes and thanks to Tyler, Mike and Taylor at Trek Store, Chattanooga for all the help getting them set up.

Here is a picture of my new road bike, a Madone 6.9. It is so fun to ride; it's fast, responsive and light weight (sub 15 pounds). in fact, it was so fun that I had to keep reminding myself to slow down coming off the mountain Saturday on the maiden voyage. It made a cold day fun.



Ride number 2 was even more of an adventure and the bike rose to the occasion. We rolled out in 35 degree weather with snow flurries. I assured Mark that the weather was going to hold as we'd be fine. About 30 minutes from home we encountered what could only be described as a blizzard. It was snowing so hard we couldn't see, there was ice sticking to the bikes and it was blowing like crazy. Fortunately it was still above freezing so the roads didn't freeze. It was an adventure and the bike did great. Mark, on the other hand, was not so thrilled with me. Happy Valentines Day, hon.

I am looking forward to more rides on my new road bike, hopefully in a little better weather. My new mountain bike arrived a few days ago too... I am DYING to ride her.

Thanks for reading...

No comments: