Friday, December 12, 2008

Check one off the list!!!


Looking really focused (or just trying to not slide out in the mud...)

Okay, goal one accomplished. I WON A MEDAL AT NATIONALS TODAY!!!!! Okay, I'll calm down a little bit now.

I took 4th in the Masters 35-39 race today. I had the ride of my season. We had an incredibly strong field, most of the girls will be in the Elite race on Sunday with me, and I had no clue what to expect. All I knew is that I came a long ways and I was not going home empty handed. I got a front row call-up and when they said "go" I decided to really make it count. I got the hole shot. I really wish Mark had been there to see it because he is FOREVER giving me grief about my inability to start races hard. Well today I proved that I could do it. After the start I don't really know what happened. There were girls out there from the 30-34 race at the same time so I really had no idea exactly where I was. By the time I finished I knew that I was somewhere between 3rd and 5th bu I wasn't sure where.

Running the hill...

Tomorrow we chill out and watch the races all day and Sunday is the Elite race. I am beat.... it is time for bed.

Thanks to Mark for all his love and support... I couldn't have done it without you!!!!
Photos taken by Andrea Wilson (thanks!!)

No comments: