Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cross racing is here...


The first cyclocross race of the year was this past weekend in Nashville. Now let me start by saying I am NOT a 'cross racer. I originally got my cross bike to mix up the training and hit some gravel roads on my road routes. Unfortunately for my husband (who gets dragged on many "Kym adventures") I am a competitive person and have decided that I am also going to race my pretty new Specialized S-Works Tricross (AWESOME bike....). He really is a good sport about things. Thanks Mark.

We headed to Nashville with photographer Bill and Jordan Humble (local junior road racing phenom) to try our legs at racing. Having ridden my new bike once since I got it, and having not really practiced any mounts or dismounts since last year, it was going to prove to be a challenging day. Mark and Jordan raced first and had a great time. It was a fun, dry, fast course. I raced hard, it was UGLY...I need some more practice at that "getting back on" thing, and I took second. Not bad for the first race of the season.
Great job to Jordan and Mark. you guys made it a fun trip. and special thanks to Bill for the pictures... you make us all look really fast!
Oh, and my new bike ROCKS!!!!

No comments: