Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hello from Snowmass

Jamie and I are in Colorado right now at the National Series finals in Snowmass. Let me just start by pointing out that we live at sea level. There is no oxygen here. At all. On the bright side of things, the trails are phenomenal!! Some of the best we've raced all year. So what if the course starts with an hour long climb that goes up above 10,000ft....

We raced the XC today and it was epic. My theory going in was this: "If I am not going to be fast I am definitely going to have fun". I had a blast!! Definitely not the best result of my season but this sea-level-asthmatic from TN never has her best race of the year at altitude anyway. I started and finished with a smile ( okay, there were a couple of sections in the middle where it slipped to a mere grin...). Jamie dug hard and did her best against the altitude and a really strong women's field. She did great. We are all so proud of the accomplishments she's had this season. She finished the national series ranked 4th in the U23 women's category.

It's 9pm and I need to get some sleep before the short track tomorrow. Look for more updates, along with the ins and outs of letting Jamie plan ANY logistics for travel, in the near future.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job ladies!!

Good luck in the short track and we will see you when you get back to TN! :)

Michael Viertel said...

you let jamie plan the trip?!?! i hope you brought a sack lunch and don't kind taking "the scenic" route.